When is my article due?
Once we have confirmed that you will be writing for the magazine, you will receive an email from us with a link to the Writer’s Den and the name of the magazine in which your article will be placed. The due date for your article can be found in your magazine’s section of the Writer’s Den.
What is my word count?
The word count for main articles is always 1000-1200 words but we always advice writers to err on the side of complete thought over strict word count.
Do I need to provide photographs with my image or does the magazine do that on its own?
For the most part, we do this on our own. This is mostly due to the fact that our writers are writers and not photographers, though, so we are not opposed to outside photography as long as it matches up with the internal guidelines we follow for our magazine photographs:
- Photographs have to be high res and taken with a DSLR
- We reserve the right to edit tones to match the magazine where necessary.
- We do not show pull-backs of people’s home interiors.
- We do not show full faces of children. When submitting photographs, the children must be turned slightly or facing away. (Very occasionally we will bypass this rule but not often.)
- We need you to submit the credit information for the photographer so that we can credit them in the front flap of the magazine.
- Please Include: Name of Photographer and website or instagram handle
- We do not pay for photography as this is something we are willing and able to supplement ourselves.
If I have additional questions not listed here, who do I contact?
You can contact Cara Williams using the below form or any of the other forms inside the Writer’s Den.