Common Place Quarterly
CPQ exists to encourage homeschool families in the practical application of the Charlotte Mason Method by creating a place outside of the internet where timeless ideas regarding Mason’s principles can be shared. We offer a quiet growing place for parents in a digitally saturated world.
Each quarterly’s Christ-centered and parent-focused content is gathered to encourage readers as they strive to get from here to there, that “[they] may know what [they] are about and may come thoroughly furnished to [their] work.” (V. 1, p. 3)
As we study Charlotte Mason’s methodology for content inspiration, we aim to look beyond the person she was and the time in which she lived, intentionally striving to bring her philosophy forward into the 21st century.
EACH BOOK-QUALITY QUARTERLY CONTAINS…
- A practical focus on the Charlotte Mason method.
- Excerpts from Mason’s volumes and PNEU archives with commentary and journal prompts.
- Insights and support on difficult subjects like Plutarch and Shakespeare
- Original Essays written and submitted by readers.
- Encouragement from CM educators who have graduated their children through high school.
- Articles to help readers laugh, grow, and keep on keeping on.
- Printable Recitation Pieces to encourage growth throughout the quarter. One Hymn or Poem and one Psalm each issue.